Thursday, December 30, 2010

Trim the Tree


Happy Sixth Day of Christmas!

I wanted to share a framed piece I made as part of my Guest Designer spot on PaperWorks Co's blog for Thursdays in December. I wanted to make a project to fit in an 8″ X 10″ frame using PWCO with Rachelle Anne Miller’s “Oh Christmas Tree” stamp. I stamped the image with VersaMark ink onto the green cardstock, then embossed with white embossing powder. For my white background paper, I first printed “Christmas” onto it, using my computer & printer. I stamped the multi-lingual Christmas background using a clear stamp I bought in Germany.


I then sewed my tree image onto the white background paper. I “coloured” some glue onto the green parts of the evergreen and poured green glitter on my tree. Next, I “painted” the white Liquid Appliqué to the snowy boughs of the tree. Finally, I glued on my buttons & added Gold & Burgundy Stickles to the tree.


For the “MERRY” bunting banner, I used the trees from the Trim the Tree paper and for the letter, I cut them out from the Christmas Bells paper, both from the Everybody Loves Christmas collection by Echo Park Paper Co.

Hope you liked it and you find yourself inspired!

::Supplies::

No comments:

Post a Comment