Thursday, December 30, 2010

Hauling in ★2011★



This was my final card project as Guest Designer for December on PaperWorks Co's blog. I wanted to make a New Year’s card and I thought the sleigh from A Little Haul of Cheer (PWCO with Rachelle Anne Miller) would be perfect for hauling in 2011! My whole card is an 8.5″ X 11″ piece of cardstock folded in half.


Isn't this image *super* adorable?! I inked up my stamp (except for the tree on the sleigh) and stamped it to the right onto my Prism Simply Smooth cardstock. Then, I stamped the other 3 sleighs to the left of my image. I used my exacto knife to cut slits on the top side of the sleighs. For the 2011, I printed it onto cardstock, cut it out, covered the numbers with glue and finally glitter. I slipped them under each sleighs' "side bar". To cover up the lower part of the tree image, I applied white Liquid Appliqué. I did extend the back side bars of the sleigh with my Copic markers and a black fine pen.


I used my Uni-Ball white gel pen to add some faux stitching around the Pomegranate cardstock, mimicking the stitching on the 'Scallop Stripes' Echo Park paper. I've got pop-dots under the Pomegranate cardstock.

Thank you to Peggy @ PaperWorks Co for inviting me; it was a fun honour! Also, many thanks to Peggy & the whole PWCO Design Team for sharing such creative & inspiring projects every day on the PWCO blog!

Many blessings to all in 2011!!!

Note: I did redo the image and so this final card is slightly different from the one on the PWCO blog. I'm such a perfectionist! *lol*

::Supplies::

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! So clever to add extra sleighs. Can't believe it's mid Feb already.

    ReplyDelete