I made this card with 4 challenges in mind! Two from SplitCoastStampers & two from the PaperWorks Co (PWCO) blog.
- Inspiration Challenge #263 ~ Don Cherry's Jackets
- Colour Combo #301 - Gray Blues: Going Gray, Concord Crush & Marina Mist
- PWCO's Sunday Sketch #61
- PWCO's "Recipe Challenge" which was to use 1 snowman (I used 2!), 3 snowflakes & a sentiment on your card or project
I was inspired by *this* purple velvet with shimmery trim jacket by Don Cherry. And for those of you unfamiliar with this Hockey Night in Canada TV commentator; his opinions are just as loud as his jackets! *lol* People either love him or hate him, but he is a legend here in Canada. And the one thing I admire most about him is every week he talks about the Canadian soldiers who have died in battle. Brings tears to my eyes every time and I appreciate him taking the time to honour them and their families on national TV.
Alright, on to my card. I applied glue from a glue stick to my Purple Onion Designs Damask stamp and stamped on my purple cardstock. I then placed some purple "shiny transfer foil" on top of the sticky image and then rubbed across the foil. I lifted the foil up and there was foil on my damask background! The stamp is a bit distressed so my foil image is also a bit distressed. I like it; kinda reminds me of mercury glass.
For my snowmen image, I stamped & coloured the main image. Then I almost forgot to add the 3 snowflakes from the "recipe"! I inked up only the snowflake from the "A Magical Christmas" stamp, but accidentally got some ink where I didn't want it! However, it looked like a flourish, so I went with that! For my sentiment, I used my SU! Label punch, applied glue to it, then poured Martha Stewart "antique silver" fine glitter on it.
Thanks for looking!
- Stamps: Flaky Friends & A Magical Christmas -the sentiment & snowflake- (PWCO/RAM), Vintage Damask Background (Purple Onion Designs)
- Paper: Marina Mist (SU!), "concord grape-like" (from my stash), Prism Smooth White
- Ink: Going Gray, Tuxedo Black (Memento), Copic Markers (B0000, B41, BG000, BG10, E00, E49, R0000, R29, T0, V000, V99, Y00, Y38)
- Tools: SU! Label Punch
- Embellishments: light blue velvet ribbon (stash), fine Antique Silver glitter (Martha Stewart), pop-dots, shiny transfer foil (Stix2 Anything)