Monday, January 10, 2011

Magical * Snow *



I made this card for a PaperWorks Co Recipe challenge (1 image + 2 brads + 2 buttons) & the "11th Day of Christmas" Daily Dare challenge hosted by Waltzingmouse Stamps & featuring snowflakes.

Here's another *super* cute image by the talented illustrator Rachelle Anne Miller (for PaperWorks Co). I used the masking technique so that the "A Magical Christmas" image appeared within the "Very Vintage Labels No. 4" image. I also then only inked up one of the snowflakes and then stamped it 3 times around my image.

This was my first time 'playing' with my new Basic Grey "Snowflakes" embossing folder!!! I *heart* Basic Grey, in case you haven't noticed, and was so excited when they announced at CHA-Summer that they were coming out with Sizzix embossing folders! After I embossed my aqua paper, I rubbed my Frost White inkpad across to highlight the snowflakes a bit.

I covered 2 buttons with Martha Stewart Garnet glitter and the snowflake brads came from my LSS.

Thanks for looking!

::Supplies::

  • Stamps: A Magical Christmas (PaperWorks Co with Rachelle Anne Miller), Very Vintage Lables No. 4 (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
  • Paper: Pomegranate & Thunder (Bazzill), Prism Simply Smooth white cardstock, aqua (stash)
  • Ink: Frost White (Colorbox), Rhubarb Stalk & Tuxedo Black (Memento), Copic Markers (B0000, B29, BG000, BG10, BG72, BG75, E0000, E00, E29, E33, E47, E49, E71, R0000, R20, R89, RV14)
  • Embellishments & tools: Burgundy & Star Dust Stickles, snowflake brads, buttons, Nestabilities Labels 4 die, popdots, Garnet glitter (Martha Stewart), tulle ribbon, Basic Grey/Sizzix Snowflakes embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment